Working with us, you’ll have a unique and special sense of place – a competitive advantage when customers will say “Wow! What a great bookstore!
Each community is unique and deserves a special character for each independent bookstore design. When you work with us, you can expect a bookstore design with all of these elements carefully considered:
- Merchandise selection, including gift items
- Interior walls and configuration for office and receiving areas
- Layout of fixtures and furniture
- Specifications for manufactured and custom fixtures
- Traffic flow and focal areas
- Cash wrap configuration, technology needs
- Unique children’s area
- Fixtures for merchandise displays
- Event staging and seating areas
- Food and beverage service
- Lighting design with suggested fixtures
- Paint colors, flooring specifications, finishes for counters and casework
Donna and Liz work together with these goals: maximize the most prime selling areas in your space, configure counters that will help you spotlight customer service, and offer the kind of bookstore experience that inspires discovery and wonder.
- Re-imagine existing bookstore space
- Expand into additional space
- Move to a new space
- Create a new bookstore in an historic property
- Transform a plain ‘vanilla box’ into a bookstore with character
- Update lighting for improved ambiance and energy efficiency
- Review photos and layout to provide fresh ideas
Design fees begin at $4/sq. ft. and are based on the condition of your space and the scope of work.
Tell us about your project and we’re happy to submit a fixed-fee design proposal.